Although there are numerous benefits of being a member of the bfa, the one that stands out is the recognition of credibility and standards in franchising that comes from passing the accreditation. The range of benefits that you can gain as a member – whether you are looking to grow your business, increase your profile or gain new levels of insight and expertise – are set out below.
Growth and Support
- Gain from your bfa-accredited status and the ethics and standards with which it is associated
- Gain free franchisee and client enquiries through your listing on the bfa website, which receives over 21,000 unique hits per month and directs over 200,000 visitors to our members' websites every year
- Gain exclusive access to whichfranchise.com, one of the top websites to advertise your franchise business. Only accredited members can advertise with whichfranchise.com
- Access discounted exhibition space at the bfa accredited franchise exhibitions*
- Gain eligibility for the national Franchisor of the Year Awards and Franchisee of the Year Awards, providing high-profile PR and huge industry recognition
- Access cost-effective dispute resolution procedures
- Benefit from membership support via the bfa central office and a dedicated business development manager
- Access bfa events for new networking opportunities
- Be considered for speaking opportunities across the UK
- Upload news stories and case studies to the bfa website for the public and media to see
- Gain profile and opportunities through association with bfa PR activities
Knowledge and Skills
- Receive free subscription to newsline, the bi-monthly bfa news publication
- Gain access to the bfa's Qualified Franchise Professional programme (QFP)
- Access valuable knowledge sharing and guidance through the bfa forums
- Gain regular updates on news and events direct to your desktop
- Receive regular franchise technical bulletins on best practice and guidance for your business
- Access to exclusive bfa training programmes and seminars on core franchising subjects
Influencing and Lobbying
- Be part of the authoritative voice of franchising, lobbying UK and European governments in the interests of UK franchising
Benefiting your franchisees
In addition to the benefits above for the franchisor, membership to the bfa also has a number of intrinsic benefits for your franchisees. For a start, being an accredited member will help your franchisees get finance in the first place, as the specialist banks in the industry will look positively on accreditation of the brand.
These benefits will then continue through the life of the franchisee and even at the point at which a franchisee may want to sell the business. For a franchisee who is looking to sell their business, being part of a brand which is bfa accredited means that potential buyers will have more confidence and in many cases a better sale can be achieved.
Find out more about how to join the British Franchise Association.
If you are a franchisee and considering membership of the bfa, please see the Franchisee Membership pages. Launched in 2012, it is the first of its kind in the world. With franchisees on the Board of the bfa and dedicated benefits and services to help franchisees in business, Franchisee Membership provides a recognised and powerful voice for the franchise industry.
*Subject to exhibitions rules, which may differ for some categories of membership.