Educational Franchise Seminars
As the voice and self regulating body of the franchising industry, the British Franchise Association (bfa) is well placed to educate individuals and businesses alike about the opportunities that franchising, as a successful business model, can bring. The bfa offers a number of franchise seminars at a range of locations across the UK.
There are two key types of franchise seminars that the bfa operates:
One is for those looking to invest into a franchise opportunity: to become a franchisee Seminar. whichfranchise.com are currently supporting these seminars to help you find out if franchising is right for you. Go to the franchisee seminar page to find out how you could get 1/3 off the cost of a seminar.
The other is for those who have an existing business and are considering using the franchise business model to expand and grow their business: to become a franchisor Seminar.
Some of the key aspects which will be addressed in the franchise seminars include:
- The franchise agreement – have you seen a proper, legally-drafted franchise agreement, do you realise its size and why it is weighted in favour of the franchisor? And why this gives the franchisee more security
- Funding – which banks have specific franchise departments and what are the benefits of dealing with ones who do specialise in franchising. Many banks do not have dedicated franchise teams which means that they don’t fully understand the intricacies and idiosyncrasies of franchising
- The time and financial commitments – which will undoubtedly be necessary in order to ensure the success of the business
- The advantages and disadvantages of franchising – what you really need to know in a plain and objective manner
The franchising industry has grown significantly over the past 30 years and the bfa’s role remains to ensure that it retains its ethical approach, commitment to best practice and robustness – even in the toughest of economic climates. As part of the association’s educational role, it runs these franchise seminars to provide information and advice to businesses wanting to franchise or people considering joining a franchise. Our main goal is to protect and strengthen the franchising industry in the UK, so it is just as important to help you decide whether franchising is right for you as it is to help you realise if it isn’t.
See the full day seminar programme for Prospective Franchisees
(Those looking to join an existing franchise)
See the full day seminar programme for Prospective Franchisors
(Those looking to franchise their business)
Find out more about franchsing
Upcoming Franchise Seminars
- bfa Prospective Franchisor Seminar London From 25th November 2014 To 25th November 2014 Venue : London Educational seminar for prospective franchisors - those who have an existing business and are considering expansion using the franchise business model. This seminar is designed to help you decide if franchising is right for your business and to understand the key considerations in developing a successful franchise operation. £195.00 £234.00 inc VAT Read more...
- bfa Prospective Franchisee Seminar London From 26th November 2014 To 26th November 2014 Venue : London If you’re thinking about franchising as a route into self-employment, our seminars will help you understand how to set about evaluating your options. We bring together specialists to tell you about the financial and legal considerations as well as a franchisor who will talk about what they look for when selecting franchisees. You’ll also hear from a franchisee who will give you an insight into what running a franchise is all about. £75.00 £90.00 inc VAT Read more...