Membership categories explained
Full Members of the bfa are established franchised businesses with a proven trading and franchising record. They are prepared to have their reputation examined by the bfa, and have an established network of franchisees. See our list of Full Members.
Associate Members of the bfa have proven their ability to launch and support at least one franchised outlet for 12 months, and are now in the business of building their network. The franchisor will be investing in support and development. There will be few franchisees whose experience you can research and the business will have been tested over only a short period of time but there will be evidence of its ability to establish a solid network. See our list of Associate Members.
Provisionally Listed Companies are at the beginning of their development in franchising although the franchise may be at the pilot stage. There is a real business up and running where end products and services are being sold successfully to consumers. The franchise agreement is sound, and by joining the bfa the company has committed itself to develop the business in accordance with bfa industry standards. See our list of Provisionally Listed Companies.
Professional Affiliation to the bfa is open to professional advisors who have been accredited on the basis of their proven professional skills and the successful application of those skills to franchising. They undertake to ensure that the advice on franchising that they provide to clients is of a standard consistent with the aims and objectives of the European Code of Ethics. See our list of Affiliates.
Affiliated professional advisors cover the following disciplines:
- Legal Advisors (solicitors and barristers)
- Banks (those with dedicated franchise departments)
- Franchise Consultants (to help you franchise your business)
- Accountants and Financial Service (essential financial advice)
- Media (franchising magazines, newspapers and websites)
- Business Brokers and Transfer Agents (helping with existing franchise sales)
- Personnel Recruitment Consultants (help in recruiting the right staff)
- Exhibition Organisers (dedicated franchise exhibitions)
- Training Providers (developing your workforce)
- Franchisee Recruitment Consultants (Helping match the right franchisees with franchisors)
There is dedicated membership for franchisees, providing influence of the bfa, access to new benefits and a combined voice to represent the entire ethical franchise industry. To find out more, visit the bfa’s Franchisee Membership pages.
To view and search our full list of members click on the links to the left or click here for the full listing.