The line-up for this year’s bfa Board of Directors has been completed with the confirmation of the three franchisees who will join the rest of the Board, elected last month by the bfa membership.
The three selected franchisees are:
They join the following representatives on the bfa Board of Directors, which governs the Association:
- Michael Eyre, Blazes Heating Solutions
- Brian Smart
Affiliate Member Representatives
- Derrick Simpson, Franchise Resales
- Brian Duckett, The Franchising Centre
- Jane Masih, Owen White Solicitors
Full Member Representatives
- Alistair Wiggins, Pirtek Ltd
- Simon Bartholomew, Oscar Pet Foods
- Mike Goddard, Belvoir Lettings
- Mark Llewellyn, Revive! Auto Innovations
- Berkeley Harris, WPA
- Sean Derrig, Chemex International
- Pam Bader OBE, Molly Maid
- Steve Calvert, Safeclean
- Shaun Thomson, Sandler Training
- Duncan Berry, Choice Hotels Europe
Associate Member Representative
- Dan Archer, Envirocare Grounds Maintenance
Ken and Dave are both returning to the Board as franchisee representatives this year, with Catharine joining for the first time.
Ken was one of the first Signs Express franchisees, joining the network in Grimsby over 20 years ago, and is well-known and respected throughout the bfa community. He was instrumental in the launch of the bfa’s Franchisee Membership programme in summer 2012, and serves as the chairman of its Franchisee Membership Committee.
Dave has a long and storied history with McDonald’s since starting out as a trainee manager in Manchester. He worked his way up through the ranks to an operations management level, before taking a key role abroad as part of the company’s northern European expansion. He currently operates several restaurants from his East Sussex base.
Catharine and her husband Mike have taken their Wirral-based Home Instead Senior Care franchise from strength to strength, even working alongside senior policymakers in the NHS to ensure that their local community’s needs are being met. The couple were the Gold Award winners in the 2011 bfa HSBC Franchisee of the Year awards, supported by Express Newspapers.