How to Franchise Your Business:
Grow Your Business by Creating and Managing a Franchised Network
This book provides practical advice on how franchising works from two authors with years of experience. Brian Duckett and Paul Monaghan have 50 years of combined experience in developing and managing franchised networks as franchisees, franchisors, and advisors to companies considering or practising franchising.
If you have a proven business system and are wishing to expand, franchising is a strong option. It provides an efficient route to growth and uses other people's money and enthusiasm to open individual offices, shops, restaurants, salons, surgeries, units, van rounds, or service centres.
As well as being for potential franchisors, this book is also invaluable to owners of existing branch networks, practising franchisors and their management teams. It will show you how to:
- Decide whether your business should and could be franchised
- Understand the franchisor/franchisee relationship
- Structure the business so it works for both franchisor and franchisee
- Prove the concept with pilot operations
- Market your franchise and recruit franchisees
- Motivate franchisees and monitor their performance
- Franchise your business internationally
- Prepare your network for sale - or buy an existing franchised network