Moreland Insurance Brokers
Part of the Willis Commercial Network
Moreland is now a brand well regarded in the franchise industry and that is largely a result of the unwavering commitment by Maurice Logie to pursue excellence in the services he provides to ethical franchising. Insurance is an area of business that we all need to take seriously, whether we like it or not, and it is a great comfort that we are able to find a partner in this field as passionate about franchising as we are.
Moreland Insurance Brokers, who are well known in the UK franchise industry, are also part of the Willis Commercial Network, which gives them the benefit of a much wider pool of knowledge and services to call upon when needed. As well as the standard services offered by Moreland Insurance Brokers the bfa and Moreland will be putting together some special offerings for members in the New Year to help benefit them further in business.
One Size Doesn’t Fit All
In an increasingly litigious environment, professional indemnity insurance is an important part of your business toolkit.
Specialist insurer Hiscox in association with Moreland Insurance Brokers, are joining forces to introduce a new and exclusive professional indemnity insurance policy aimed specifically at franchisors.
Tailored for franchisors
The franchise sector in the UK is an important and healthy component of the UK economy, contributing significantly to both wealth and job creation. This policy is designed to afford franchisors the confidence to continue doing so.
This policy provides you with a comprehensive safety net following a small number of high profile cases in which the franchisors have found themselves threatened with litigation by franchisees.
The benefits that this tailored policy can offer you include:
- negligence or breach of duty of care: we cover your business against giving bad advice as a result of your business activities
- dishonesty: if an employee steals money from you without your knowledge
- rectification: we cover the costs of putting right lost or damaged non-electronically held documents of a professional nature
- intellectual property: we cover you if you accidentally infringe someone else’s intellectual property
- advertising: cover given for your own advertising, for example making a statement in a leaflet that you are subsequently unable to substantiate
- computer virus: if a computer virus was specifically targeted at you and you negligently forwarded an email to your customer which contained the virus, we would cover you to help put this right
- court attendance: if you or an employee had to attend court in connection with a covered claim, we will cover costs up to a specified limit for that court attendance.