Shoosmiths is a full service, national law firm with 14 offices across the UK together with an international footprint through membership of the World Services Group.
The firm offers strength and depth in all core legal disciplines alongside a range of specialisms, enabling services to be tailored to the needs of our clients, which include fast-growth businesses and international corporates, through to public bodies and financial institutions.
Shoosmiths has a distinctive culture and values which translates into its people at all levels working well together, with the benefit to clients being that services are delivered with better communication, responsiveness and consistency.
Shoosmiths offers franchisor and franchisee clients a “one stop shop”, co-ordinating advice from franchise specialists across its different practice areas. This includes the real estate, intellectual property, licensing, disputes and commercial contracts disciplines.
Utilising innovative ideas and pricing structures, employing our years of experience, we provide targeted advice to clients in respect of:
• Risk analysis, suitability and the structure of a franchise offering
• Reviewing or establishing franchise pilots and/or roll-out programmes (including document management)
• Developing, drafting and negotiating suites of franchise documentation (including those required for national, international, master and/or multi-unit franchise arrangements)
• Advertising, marketing and promotions (including online and social media)
• Brand protection and management
• Dispute avoidance and resolution
• Exit strategy planning and franchise resales
• Ancillary and complementary commercial contracts