Harper Macleod is one of the largest independent law firms in Scotland and serves clients and their interests throughout the UK and beyond.
Our specialist franchising team is independently ranked in the top tier of franchising lawyers in Scotland and the UK, and both David Kaye and Andrew Fraser have been accredited as ‘Qualified Franchise Professionals’ (QFPs) by the bfa. The team has decades of experience in supporting franchisors, master franchisees and franchisees in all manner of legal matters across the UK and beyond.
In addition to our knowledge of franchising law, we are heavily involved in the wider franchising community in the UK.
Harper Macleod LLP act both in the UK and overseas for a wide range of franchisors, master franchisees and franchisees on the following types of transaction:
• Drafting UK and international franchise agreements (including master franchise agreements and area development agreements)
• Brand protection and trademark registration
• Purchase and re-sale of franchise businesses
• Reviewing and reporting on franchise documentation
• Advice on structuring a franchise business
• Advice on expanding internationally through franchising
• Advice on exit and buy-out strategies
• Dispute avoidance and resolution
• Drafting ancillary commercial documentation including confidentiality, deposit and trademark licence agreements
We are able to assist clients with a variety of other matters including such areas as property, commercial contracts, company secretarial, intellectual property, employment law and litigation.