The franchisees come from a range of professional backgrounds, including working women and mums. They are:
- Freya Hudson, a former 6th form school mistress at a boarding school, running the Tunbridge Wells business
- Antonia Baron, formerly a manager at the Co-operative Bank, covering Bramhall in Cheshire with Karen Campbell, a former procurement manager
- Amanda Kinghorn, former HR manager at Morgan Stanley, running the Brentwood franchise
- Kristina Wood, former sister in an Oncology/Chemotherapy ward, running the Yeovil franchise
- Catherine Willhoft, formerly a pharmaceutical researcher, running the Maidenhead franchise
- Suzie Milner, owner of a swim school, running the Solihull franchise
Rachel Ray, founder and managing director of Bright & Beautiful, commented: “2012 has been another amazing year for Bright & Beautiful and we’re so pleased to welcome another six ladies to our business. We are seeing more and more women who want a career but who are not prepared to sacrifice their family for the sake of their job. The fact that they can earn a good salary running a Bright & Beautiful franchise, manage their own team of professional housekeepers and be there for their children after school is what really appeals to people.
“Our eco-friendly, ethical and professional approach really helps us to stand out when the new franchises launch in their area.”
Rachel was inspired to set up the company following a 15-year career in international business consultancy and a career break to have her two children. She wanted to pursue a career that would enable her to combine work and family, which is why the Bright & Beautiful vision is focused on supporting and empowering women to do the same.