Western Provident Association (WPA) are one of the UK’s most respected health insurers. Healthcare Practice Partners advise the self-employed, professionals and SMEs on the WPA products and services best suited for them.
Who becomes a Healthcare Practice Partner?
WPA Healthcare Practice is looking for aspiring individuals who are willing to work hard. Someone who shares their values and has a commitment to excellence. They follow a rigorous selection process to maintain exceptionally high standards and select the right people. Based from home, and with no need for stock or staff, you will generate new opportunities within your area through networking, contacts, and introducers.
Healthcare Partners have had many varied careers before joining the Healthcare Practice, but they are all superb communicators who share a passion for excellence.
Far more important than sales experience, is having the right personality, dedication, and aptitude to take responsibility for a business that has a brand their client’s trust.
Healthcare Partners focus on the service they provide their clients. They are all trained first and foremost to listen and ask questions, so they truly understand the needs of clients. To give the best advice and never rush.
WPA Healthcare Practice
Just health insurance. No distractions.
WPA Healthcare Practice is a wholly owned subsidiary of WPA, authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
You will be the face of the Healthcare Practice within your local community. A person with integrity, who exemplifies our exceptionally high professional standards. Meeting with new and existing members, you will advise, promote and tailor WPA healthcare policies to their exact needs. A unique advantage over other private medical insurers who rarely encounter their customers face to face.
For those with the passion and determination to run your own business, taking on a franchise makes perfect sense. Operating within a proven model reduces the level of risk while giving you the flexibility to build a long-term, sustainable business with you in control. With more than 82 Healthcare Partners across the UK and full membership with the British Franchise Association, the Healthcare Practice knows how to support the people who buy into their business.
The Healthcare Practice believe their success starts with yours. A unique launch package, together with world-class training and support, will give you and your business the best possible start:
- £15,000 guaranteed fees scheme – if you take on a new Healthcare Practice with no existing client base, you will be eligible for the guaranteed fee scheme. The fund is designed to assist you throughout the challenging first two years of your business. Forward loaded, the capital is released incrementally to ensure your business gets off to the best start.
- Mentor for two years – One of our Senior Healthcare Partners will become your mentor for two years. Calling on their experience to guide you during the formative years of your new business. Your mentor will be local to you, so they can be on-hand whenever you need them.
- £3,000 marketing budget – A marketing budget to promote your Healthcare Practice. Typically, Healthcare Partners see the greatest return on investment from hosting networking events, purchasing targeted data, attending exhibitions and undertaking marketing campaigns.
- Innovative technology – WPA are widely recognised as leaders of technological innovations within the industry. You will benefit from access to sophisticated systems and cutting-edge solutions, including a bespoke CRM platform
- Enhanced remuneration – you will receive enhanced fees on individual healthcare policies sold within the first two years of your business.
- CII membership – As a business committed to professionalism, you will need to study for the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) Certificate in Insurance. The Healthcare Practice will pay for your examination, along with ongoing membership to the CII.
As part of the WPA Group, a not-for-profit organisation, the Healthcare Practice don’t seek to make a profit. This approach is reflected in the low investment fee to become a Healthcare Partner. There are no monthly management service fees to pay and no cost to renew your Practice.
- A one-off investment of £9,200 (inclusive of VAT)
- Your commitment to Treating Customers Fairly. A returnable fidelity bond of £2,500
- A 5-year business plan – to help you realise your ambitions.
- Drive and ambition – vital elements to making your business succeed
Bournemouth (covering, Ringwood, Burley, Lymington and Christchurch)
Poole (covering, Swanage, Bladford Forum, Wimborne Minister and West Lulworth)
Crewe (covering: Whitchurch, Market Drayton, Tone, Stoke-on-Trent and Natwich)
Stafford (covering: Cannock, Burton upon Trent, Uttoexter and Castle Bonnington)
Chesterfield (covering: Bakewell, Cromford, Dronfield, Buxton and Hartington)
Stretford (covering: Carrington, Wythenhawe, Old Trafford and Eccles)
North UK and N.Ireland
Blackburn(covering: Preseton, Bamber Bridge, Accrington and Salesbury)
Bishop Auckland (covering: Durham, Stanley, Peterlee Stanhope and Ireshopeburn)
Livingston (covering: Linlithgow, Broxburn, Rosyth, Blackridge and Corstorphine)
Falkirk (covering: Cumbernauld, Kilsyth, Bellshill Parkhead and Stepps)
Hemel Hempstead (covering: Leighton Buzzard, Berkhamsted, Dunstable and Harpenden)
More locations available upon request