Mum of six, Kate Ball initially started Mini First Aid in 2014 from her kitchen table in Leeds, offering high quality baby and child first aid classes to parents and carers. Demand grew and Kate saw the potential for growth, so she started franchising the business in 2015. In 2021, BBC Dragon’s Den star Sara Davies also saw the huge potential in Mini First Aid and she came on board as an investor and adviser. Mini First Aid is now a multi-award-winning organisation and has almost 80 franchises nationwide.
The Mini First Aid core class model is simple. The 2 hour baby & toddler first aid class is for up to 12 people from just £25 per person so that parents/carers do not rule out the class based on cost. Mini First Aid classes are informative, but most of all interactive and fun so that attendees remember what they have learned. Our trainers run classes in a variety of public venues as well as in people’s homes. Young babies are welcome so it makes it easier for new parents to attend without having to organise childcare.
We offer a wide range of classes, from our 2 hour Baby and Child First Aid course for parents, carers and grandparents to our early years, kids and teens classes. We also offer a wide range of qualification courses for professionals seeking certified training. All of our classes are delivered by our highly knowledgeable first aid trainers in a relaxed and comfortable style, to give our customers the confidence to know what actions to take when faced with a medical emergency.
• Full training & certification as a Paediatric First Aid instructor (we arrange this to fit in with your professional and personal life)
• Equipment, stock, and uniform (to be discussed at the meeting stage)
• Promotional material including flyers, business cards, posters and banner
• Franchise Systems including website with booking system, your own email address
• Resources pack, digital media & promotional material, and brand guideline pack
• Facebook business page (we support you in setting this up)
• Membership of our closed Facebook page; an invaluable resource where our franchisees share tips, inspiration and experience
• Training on how to administer your business.
• Access to a Mini First Aid mentor to support you in launching your business
• PR support in launching your business and ongoing media training
• Free attendance at the Mini First Aid annual training weekend (see below)
Developing people is part of the Mini First Aid ethos. We continue to support you in developing your business management, media and social media skills. We hold a FREE annual training weekend which includes a variety of workshops to develop your business, media and teaching skills; as well as giving you the chance to network and discuss ideas with other Mini First Aid franchisees. We also hold regular webinar based training to make sure our franchisees have the most up to date first aid knowledge available.
Please see our video from our Shropshire franchisee Kellie Green which talks you through a “day in the life” of a busy Mini First Aid franchisee!