Why attend this course?
Underperforming franchisees can damage the brand, drain support resource and erode the value of their own businesses. Identifying the symptoms and causes of underperformance at the earliest possible opportunity, and applying the correct intervention strategies and tactics, can preserve and grow a franchisee’s equity, as well as reduce risks to the franchisor and the rest of the network.
Workshop Outline (10am-4pm – 1 day)
- Why it is important to maintain standards within the franchise network
- Skills needed to develop or enhance a robust framework for monitoring the performance of franchisees
- Understand the role of monitoring performance and what the consequences of not doing so might be for both the brand and business, the customers and the other franchisees of the brand
- Key areas to monitor to avoid such damage in the first place and how these are documented
- The dates of upcoming training workshops are available on our website, however, if you would like to arrange in-house training please contact us on 01235 820470
- Roles of franchisor & franchisee in maintaining standards
- Why franchisee performances needs to be monitored to avoid damage
- Common causes for poor performance in own franchise
- How the franchise agreement establishes activities and procedures to be monitored
- Issues generated by underperformance
- Key areas standards are set out & agreed
- Role of monitoring performance to protect brand, income, customers and franchisees
- Difference in financial value between well and poorly performing franchisees
- How the brand may be damaged
- Identify how business may be damaged
- Methods and opportunities for performance monitoring – reporting structures, field visits/ meetings and internal documentation
- Case study review highlighting the importance of regular monitoring particularly against targeted financial performance.
- The role and monitoring of the operations manual in setting down system operations
- The role of the franchisee’s business plan in setting out financial & operational performance targets against which to monitor
Who should attend?
- Franchisors – Gain critical insight into your network, maintain brand control, identify issues early and have the strategies in place to solve them.
- Business Development Managers – Learn best practice methods on ensuring franchisees are following brand standards, the impact of them not doing so, and why monitoring is a critical aspect of franchise growth.
- Management teams – Understand how and why to monitor performance and learn the processes you can put in place in your business to deliver tangible improvements to franchisees and franchisor.
- Professional advisors – Understand the whole picture when it comes to your clients’ growth, the vital importance of brand standards and their impact on the wider network.
- Detailed handouts
- Participation certificate
- Personal action plan
- 250 points towards the nationally recognised Qualified Franchise Professional (QFP)