Tutor Doctor Management Services, Inc.
- Membership: Associate
- Sector: Childcare & Education
- Contact: Tamara Smith
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 02081330608
- Location: 20a Voyager Court South, Toronto, Ontario, M9W 5M7, Canada
Tutor Doctor provides one-to-one in-home supplementary education for all ages, subjects and abilities, including: primary, SATs, 11+, common entrance, GCSE, AS/A2 Level, degree subjects, learning difficulties and languages.
Most importantly, our DBS-checked tutors are matched by skill-set, personality and aptitude to the student they are tutoring, based on information gathered during our free consultation service.
Whether it’s for exams and revision techniques, building confidence or helping students that are falling behind, individual private tutoring is the answer.
Tutor Doctor was founded in 2000 and started franchising in 2003. We are currently listed as Franchise #157, Top 30 Fastest-Growing and #1 in one-to-one education category in the Franchise 500 rankings.
We operate in 15 countries with over 450 franchised territories in the hands of about 237 franchisees. In the UK, we have over 45 franchised territories.
- Network Size: Over 450 units
- Franchise Type: Management
- Typical Start-up Cost: £34,700
- Minimum Personal Investment: £20,000
- Franchise Location: Home-based
- Market: B2C
To understand exactly what is, and what is not, included in this financial information, click here (opens in a new window).
- 80 hours of online pre-training, typically takes about 6 weeks to complete
- 25 days Road to Toronto Series
- 7 consecutive and intensive days of training in Toronto, Canada
- Jump Start Programme (12-week post-training programme)
- Weekly global franchisee call
- Annual Tutor Doctor conference
- Field training - UK field-based support
- Advance training on business ownership
- Ongoing operations and technical support
- Business development support
- Regional UK meetings
Daily Life of a Franchisee
A day starts at 8-9am at a home-based office, following up on emails and organising the agenda. Before noon is when parents start calling about tutoring. From around noon to 2pm is when matching of tutors and students is done, plus one or two tutor interviews. From 3-7pm is when home consultations are done. This consultation evaluates the requirements of the student so we can assign the right tutor.