- Membership: Affiliate
- Sector: Solicitor
- Contact: Mr. Andrew Worley
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: 01173218089
- Location: Tower Wharf, Cheese Lane, Bristol, BS2 0JJ
Ashfords are a national law firm offering an unrivalled understanding of the structure and nature of the franchise business sector having assisted franchisors and franchisees in establishing and expanding their franchise businesses. The team covers all aspects of franchising, including, brand protection, reviewing franchise agreements on behalf of potential franchisees, drafting and revising franchise agreements on behalf of franchisors at various stages from inception to international expansion, all property related matters including in relation to purchase and resale of an existing franchise business, franchisee exits and resolving franchise disputes where they arise.
Our team offers an exceptional service, particularly for those with rapid expansion plans.
We offer a franchise report service for a fixed fee highlighting any onerous terms of the agreement and any unusual provisions. We have the expertise and know-how to streamline the agreement of leasehold documents to facilitate rapid expansion. Our experience and knowledge means we offer services tailored specifically to a particular franchise business.
Franchises represent a long-term, focused business relationship. As such disputes sometimes arise; when they do, we are best placed to assist. With substantial experience acting for franchisors and franchisees, Ashfords has an excellent understanding of the commercial drivers leading to disputes and what is required to resolve them.
- Franchise set-up and creation
- Franchise grants and termination
- Sale and purchase of franchise businesses
- Master Franchise Agreements and Area Development Agreements
- Franchise disputes
- Restrictive Covenants matters including enforcement
- Trade-marks and licensing
- Acting for Subway for over 11 years handling in excess of 500 new site locations and 600 existing store transfers.
- Acting for franchisor in relation to restructure in 12 overseas territories and in relation to expansion into new territory.
- Enforcement of restrictive covenant against a franchisee acting in breach, through injunction proceedings
- Representation of 22 franchisees in group action against well-known high street food outlet
- Advice in relation to launch of US leisure concept to UK market