- Membership: Associate
- Sector: Food & Drink
- Contact: Julie Lavender
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: 01494867000
- Location: Unit 8, The Chess Business Park, Moor Road, Chesham, Bucks, HP5 1SD
Auntie Anne’s, the world’s largest soft pretzel franchise, annually roll, twist and bake over 150 million Pretzels from over 1,400 stores worldwide. In the UK Auntie Anne’s now operate 28 retail bakery locations from north to south selling a range of handmade, freshly baked sweet and savoury Pretzels and various soft drinks including our freshly squeezed original lemonade. Our popular flavours include cinnamon, vanilla, cheese, and also our 3 flavours of Pretzel Dog.
Franchising in the UK since 2008, Auntie Anne’s operate 28 stores across the country including Glasgow, Belfast and London. Two of these are company-owned with the remainder franchised – several of these franchisees operate multiple locations.
Owned worldwide by multi-brand food business Focus Brands, Auntie Anne’s are on a path of expansion in the UK and worldwide. We anticipate 15 openings over the next 12 months from existing franchisee growth and new franchisees coming on board.
- Network Size: 26-50 units
- Franchise Type: Job
- Typical Start-up Cost: £115,000
- Minimum Personal Investment: £50-60,000
- Franchise Location: Retail unit
- Market: B2C
To understand exactly what is, and what is not, included in this financial information, click here (opens in a new window).
- One week operations training in-store where you learn to make our pretzels, operate all equipment and give customer service the Auntie Anne’s way.
- Two days in our head office where you learn how to order product, use the web-based till system’s many functions and other administrative requirements.
- Ten days with our training manager and your staff in your own store, pre- and post-opening.
- Follow-up days with our trainer in your store offering refresher training when needed.
Daily Life of a Franchisee
The role requires a hands on approach managing a busy retail store with variable opening hours as well as managing a small team of full-time (up to 4) and part-time (up to 6) staff. This is an owner/operator franchise making and baking fresh pretzels during the day and looking after the general store administration including stock management at all times.