Clarke Willmott LLP
- Membership: Affiliate
- Sector: Solicitor
- Contact: Susan Hall
- Email: Susan.Hall@clarkewillmott.com
- Tel: 03452091498
- Location: 55 Spring Gardens, Manchester, M2 2BY
Clarke Willmott LLP is a national law firm with over 500 lawyers and support staff (including 85 partners) operating from offices in London, Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Southampton, Manchester and Taunton. The firm was established in the south-west in 1898 and we are proud of our strong heritage.
We have an extensive client base of SMEs, national, international and listed companies, public sector clients and charitable organisations. Our 120-strong litigation resource specialises in areas including commercial litigation, professional negligence, financial litigation, property litigation, construction litigation and debt recovery.
Working closely with our clients to provide tailored solutions for their particular situation is paramount at Clarke Willmott. We invest time and energy into developing strong client relationships in order to add real value and achieve positive results.
At Clarke Willmott, we have a specialised franchising group which assists franchisors and franchisees in a wide range of fields. This group consists of intellectual property, commercial property, commercial, corporate, and employment solicitors. We are therefore able to provide a complete service to our franchise clients.
We also work alongside other third parties such as accountants, franchise consultants, and property management agents to ensure that clients obtain a complete franchising service.
Our work includes:
- Reviewing and drafting franchise agreements, leases, sub-leases, “buy-back” options, and disclosure packs
- Assisting clients in establishing a franchise network and developing an appropriate group structure
- Resolving disputes between franchisors and franchisees;
- Managing trademark portfolios including filing and prosecuting trade marks around the world
- Drafting employment contracts and advising on employment matters
- Assisting clients in developing franchise networks in other countries.