Ed`s Garden Maintenance
- Membership: Full
- Sector: Building & Garden Maintenance
- Contact: Mr Edward Mauleverer QFP
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 08451080121
- Location: Thames Ditton and Esher Golf Club, Portsmouth Road, Esher, Surrey, KT10 9AL
Ed’s Garden Maintenance provides a customer-focused garden service for business and domestic users aiming to provide the work on the same day. The services offered include lawn mowing, strimming, hedge cutting, garden clearance and pressure washing.
Founded in 2003, Ed’s started franchising in 2007 and is constantly evolving to be the best it can be for both customers and operators. Ed’s has been running for over 7 years with a target growth of 3–5 operators a year.
Each operator is encouraged to build goodwill into their business such that it can be monetised when an operator chooses to move on. In recent re-sales, outgoing operators have doubled and in some cases quadrupled their initial investment as well as providing a decent income during their time with Ed’s. This has been enabled through developing real-time mobile technology to give instant visibility and through effective regional marketing spend. Marketing has delivered £18.00 in revenue for every £1.00 invested.
- Network Size: 25-40 units
- Franchise Type: Opportunity for both management and job
- Typical Start-up Cost: £15,000
- Minimum Personal Investment: £7,000
- Franchise Location: Van-based
- Market: B2B and B2C
To understand exactly what is, and what is not, included in this financial information, click here (opens in a new window).
(1) How to run a gardening business – half a day, office-based
(2) Delivering the services – we recommend at least 2 days with an experienced operator
(3) Advertising, marketing and computer training – half a day, office-based
Regular training covers:
(1) Operator meetings from business and garden experts throughout the year
(2) A personal business coach to help you achieve your goals and aspirations
(3) Annual business reviews
Daily Life of a Franchisee
Running an Ed’s business should involve 80% delivering the core services in the garden and 20% managing accounts, advertising and fine-tuning your business to give maximum profit. You will need a certain level of fitness to deliver the work.
The Ed’s systems assist you to manage your business on the road using the latest technology. Our most successful operators focus on building regular customers and providing excellent customer service.