- Membership: Affiliate
- Sector: Solicitor
- Contact: Mr. David Bond
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 02078614000
- Location: Riverbank House, 2 Swan Lane, London, EC4R 3TT, UK
Fieldfisher is a full service European law firm with a truly global reach, ranked by Chambers & Partners (2015 Edition) as the leading franchise practice in the UK.
We advise small, medium and large businesses across a range of sectors including retail and fashion, food and beverage, hotel and leisure, education, healthcare and service-based concepts. Whether you are looking at franchising in the UK or internationally, we can support you. Our role is to be part of your team, working with you to grow your business. We understand that your business is unique and that one solution does not fit all.
Our core franchising team is supported throughout the firm by colleagues in other legal practice areas who all have "hands on" experience of franchising. We have a leading trade mark registration and protection service and our franchising disputes team helps UK and international franchisors, master franchisees, developers and franchisee groups on dispute avoidance and resolution.
- Advising on a business’s suitability for franchising
- Strategic advice and risk assessment
- Drafting the franchise documentation and ancillary commercial agreements
- Brand protection advice and trade mark registration
- IP tax planning
- Reviewing franchise documentation and updating or revising it to fit the business purpose
- UK and international roll out programmes and contract management services
- Advising on dispute avoidance, handling disputes (for or against franchisee group actions) and taking enforcement action
- Providing in-house counsel support
- Acting as expert witnesses on franchise law and practice and providing legal opinions
- Advertising and marketing advice including online and social media campaigns
- Advice on alternative or complementary methods of expansion, including e-commerce, concession arrangements, wholesale, agency, distribution and licensing
- Exit planning and trade sales