Pack & Send UK Ltd
- Membership: Associate
- Sector: Logistics
- Contact: Mike Ryan or Graeme Rhodes
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 01189584628
- Location: 91-93 Kings Road, Reading, Berkshire, RG1 3DD
PACK & SEND are very different from a simple courier or shipping company.
Whilst we can genuinely send ‘anything, anywhere’, we specialise in the professional and secure packing and safe delivery of items that are fragile, large awkward or valuable to anywhere in the world – a growing market where it has been virtually impossible for customers to find user-friendly solutions.
PACK & SEND originated in Australia in 1993 where we are now a national brand and one of the country’s largest exporters. We have also been Australian Franchisor of the Year.
There are c.150 PACK & SEND stores globally (Australia/NZ and UK). Our first UK franchisee opened in 2010 and we now have close to 20 with a great selection of territories still available. We target 10% of stores to be company owned. We have only had a few resales to date.
Our niche market is growing rapidly and we have virtually no direct competition. Our customers choose us for trust, confidence and convenience before cost so average transaction values and gross margins are industry leading.
- Network Size: 11-25 units
- Franchise Type: Management
- Typical Start-up Cost: £85-90,000
- Minimum Personal Investment: £50% + working capital
- Franchise Location: Retail Unit
- Market: B2B & B2C
To understand exactly what is, and what is not, included in this financial information, click here (opens in a new window).
The PACK & SEND comprehensive induction training program runs for a minimum of four weeks. It incorporates a mix of classroom training and practical in-store experience designed to prepare franchisees from any background to be ready to operate their business.
The content includes:
- Our industry and suppliers
- Our shipping services, packing techniques and loss/damage cover
- Business operation skills inc:
- Planning selling and administering gold service cover
- Customer relationships and contact management
- Accounts, finance, KPIs and reporting
- Processing sales and business administration
- Staff recruitment and training
Training requirements are ongoing for both franchisees and their staff and is handled through corporate courses and online modules via our intranet.
Daily Life of a Franchisee
Every day running a PACK & SEND store is unique! Whether it’s an artist sending valuable work to a buyer abroad, a data centre moving fragile server units, a trader selling classic car parts or simply somebody’s personal effects for shipment, our customers are all looking for a company they can trust to get their items packed securely and delivered safely.
During the day you and your staff may be instore or on the phone handling sales and quotes or out visiting customers to prepare estimates or introduce the business. Other tasks include, packing items, processing and tracking shipments, ordering materials, sales processing and accounts administration and reporting.