Razzamataz Theatre Schools Limited
- Membership: Associate
- Sector: Childcare & Education
- Contact: Denise Gosney
- Email: Denise@razzamataz.co.uk
- Tel: 07801843077
- Location: Unit 9, Penrith Business and Conference Centre, Redhills, Cumbria , CA11 0DT
Razzamataz provides affordable part-time performing arts training for children and young people throughout the UK, also giving them access to some of the most talented performers through specialist workshops and classes. Razzamataz uses theatre arts within small class sizes to nurture a child’s confidence and self-esteem, all while making sure they are having a lot of fun.
Our business was established in 2000 and was backed in 2007 by BBC’s Dragons’ Den. Today franchising is allowing us to achieve our dream, because it gives the finest talent across the country the opportunity to own and manage a successful business whilst following a tried and tested system. It also means the franchisees can set up their school on their own doorstep, and bring their passion, talent and commitment to the young people of the local area.
Our network coverage is Scotland and England, almost 50 franchise territories covering the following regions; Scotland, North England, Midlands, South East & South West. We have worked internationally with TUI from Turkey to Portugal and working across Europe this year within Eurocamp. We have been franchising for 10 years and established 17. We have one or two re-sales however most franchisees renew their agreements. We currently have no company owned schools.
- Network Size: 26-50 units
- Franchise Type: Opportunity for both management and job
- Typical Start-up Cost: £9,995 (reduced to £7,995 until May 2017)
- Minimum Personal Investment: £15,000
- Franchise Location: Home and office-based
- Market: B2C
To understand exactly what is, and what is not, included in this financial information, click here (opens in a new window).
You will attend our phase one training which will be for a full week, ranging from 9am starts to 6pm finishes. The training will be held around June time, before your school is launched in September. Within phase one training, the below area’s are covered by professionals within their industries.
- Management skills
- Daily running of the business, customer service, teacher recruitment, student recruitment, behaviour management, organising school performances and further opportunities which are covered in detail
- Child protection/safeguarding issues including PVG/DBS checks
- Accounts, bookkeeping, cashflow & employment law
- PR, advertising and marketing
- Health and safety
- Operations manual and access to our Razources website
- Social media, Facebook marketing and company policies
In addition, a comprehensive start-up package is provided including:
- Ongoing support from head office and the regional support team
- Monthly calls with a support mentor
- Online support
- Database for your total business needs
- Marketing materials
- Page on website and corporate email address
- Personal school page within the Razzamataz website
- Social media pages i.e. Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Teacher uniforms
- First-aid material and accident report book
If you’re buying a school as a resale, dependent on your resale agreement with the current franchisee, they may pay for your training once the sale is complete.
Daily Life of a Franchisee
As a franchisee, you are a business owner responsible for your own performance, but you are not on your own and benefit from the franchisor’s knowledge, branding, training and experience. It is vital you follow our proven systems.
- “Can do” attitude
- Taking responsibility for growing your territory & maximising your business success
- Full time, hands on proactive role in developing your business
- Use of business systems and support tools available
- High standard of teaching & student/parent experience
- Good business organisation & cash flow planning
- Consistent business development activity
- Planned monthly marketing campaigns
- Achieving minimum performance targets
- Network participation
- Know your competitors
- Love your students and teachers
- Grasp new opportunities within your territory
- Good communication & reporting