Riverford Organic Farmers
- Membership: Full
- Sector: Retail
- Contact: Gail Jordain
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 01803227380
- Location: Wash Barn, Buckfastleigh, Devon, TQ11 0JU
Riverford Organic franchise delivers fresh organic produce to local people by the most direct route possible. Having won a multitude of awards including the Observer ethical product of the decade award, we strive to increase awareness of and engagement with sustainable, seasonal food.
Over 30 years ago, from our single farm in Devon, we pioneered ‘vegboxes’; today we pack 47,000 boxes a week from our four farms, supplying around 100,000 customers.
Our business model is simple: we grow (or source), harvest and pack the produce for you, and transport the produce to your hub.
We have been franchising for over 18 years, with a national network of 58 franchisees who are at the heart of Riverford’s success. They deliver Riverford produce weekly from our farms to their customers’ doorsteps, proactively grow their customer base and are our keenest brand ambassadors. We are committed to the franchise model to continue to grow our business in the future.
Riverford is a multi-award-winning company.
You can view the resale opportunities we have available here.
- Network Size: 51-100 units
- Franchise Type: Opportunity for both management and job
- Typical Start-up Cost: £40,000 -£100,000
- Minimum Personal Investment: 30%
- Franchise Location: Home/van-based
- Market: B2C
To understand exactly what is, and what is not, included in this financial information, click here (opens in a new window).
Riverford offer in-depth exposure to the operational and administrative sides of the business during the recruitment process. Prior to launch, a 5-day modular training week, at our farm in Devon, covers:
- An overview of organic farming methods including our butchery and dairy
- Operational logistics and maximising business efficiencies
- Customer acquisition, retention and order spend
- Brand identity and integrated marketing strategies
- Online ordering systems, payments and accounts procedures
Subsequent training includes regular regional business development meetings, and a mentorship can be arranged with an existing franchisee.
Daily Life of a Franchisee
As a Riverford franchisee you will mix working from your home office and driving out on delivery rounds to optimise operational efficiencies and build personal relationships with your customers. You will attend seasonal shows and events at local and regional levels to boost customer acquisition, and you will be motivated by improving customer retention levels, and increasing customer order value. Ultimately, you will be a true Riverford brand ambassador.