- Membership: Provisional
- Sector: Childcare & Education
- Contact: Vicki Prout
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 07760436405
- Location: The Buckman Building, 43 Southampton Road, Ringwood, BH24 1HE
Sherpa Kids is an international company which runs breakfast clubs, after-school care and holiday activities in schools and other community facilities. Our global reach extends to South Africa, Ireland, Canada, the Middle East, Australia and New Zealand. Sherpa Kids now has some 100 franchises worldwide, looking after around 5,400 primary school-aged children every day and is engaged by 150 schools.
As featured recently in the Daily Mail, Sherpa Kids’ concept of better, more structured out-of-hours care was introduced to England late 2013 and currently serves seven London-based schools.
Sherpa Kids works on a child:carer ratio of 15:1 (EYFS 8:1 ages 3-5) in the UK, compared to the standard Ofsted ratio of 30:1. Our goal is to “give children such a great time that they do not want to go home!”
Sherpa Kids also capitalises on international connections by encouraging Sherpa children from Adelaide to send postcards to children in County Cork, to learn about life on the other side of the world. The children love this concept of an appropriately matched school pen-pal (as do the teachers!).
The global owners are award-winning with a combined franchise experience of over 30 years.
- Network Size: 0-10 units
- Franchise Type: Management
- Typical Start-up Cost: £19,935
- Minimum Personal Investment: £17,000
- Franchise Location: Home/School-based
- Market: B2C
To understand exactly what is, and what is not, included in this financial information, click here (opens in a new window).
Training provided is a combination of “on the job” training and “classroom” style.
All supported with ongoing training, suite of manuals, programmes, mentoring, marketing, financial and access to our online platform 24/7.
We appreciate all of us have differing skill sets so in some parts we customise the sessions to meet your skills.
Daily Life of a Franchisee
Administration and Finance (can be passed onto a staff member as business grows)
- Check emails daily for new enrolments/queries/booking changes
- Update attendance software
- Resource shopping for programmes
- Call local schools to see head teachers to promote your services
- Attend meetings, networking functions and school events
- Visit local pre-schools and day care centres
- Visit your Sherpa Kids sites to ensure operational compliance
- Assist programme staff to plan holiday programmes/new term activities
- Staff recruitment/training etc. as required for services