Tatty Bumpkin Ltd.
- Membership: Associate
- Sector: Childcare & Education
- Contact: Gude Hudson Gool
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 01732812212
- Location: The Oak Barn, Allens Farm, Allens Lane, Plaxtol, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN15 0QZ, England
Tatty Bumpkin offers a bendy, giggly world for clever minds and strong bodies. It was set up in 2004 to deliver a creative and ethical developmental programme for babies and children.
Based on yoga and developed by music educationalists, paediatric physiotherapists and experienced yoga teachers, Tatty Bumpkin's activity classes are loved for their innovative approach to childhood development and parents are often surprised to rediscover their own inner child! The classes are:
- Bendy – inspired by yoga
- Giggly – creative, through our own stories and music
- Clever – aligned to the Early Years curriculum
- Strong – help develop inner strength too with mindfulness and relaxation
Tatty Bumpkin specialises in a flexible business for anyone looking to improve their work-life balance, but also have a fun and creative business; our franchisees include marine biologists, prison wardens, ice dancers, mums...all with a desire to have a better work/life balance and have fun!
Designed to be flexible and make the transition easy for mums returning to work, the Tatty Bumpkin franchise was awarded an UnLtd Social Enterprise award for its socially responsible business model. We give women the opportunity to have a rewarding, lucrative and family-friendly career.
- Network Size: 26-50 units
- Franchise Type: Opportunity for both management and job
- Typical Start-up Cost: £10,000
- Minimum Personal Investment: £5,000
- Franchise Location: Home-based
- Market: B2C
To understand exactly what is, and what is not, included in this financial information, click here (opens in a new window).
The Tatty Bumpkin training programme is delivered by trainers specialising in child development, yoga and franchising and comprises:
- Direct accredited training at Tatty Bumpkin HQ (40 hours)
- Business training (14 hours)
- Home study (5 hours)
- Ongoing CPD
Tatty Bumpkin ensures teachers are fully supported via annual reviews, critique of class videos and feedback on evidence of self-study.
Tatty Bumpkin's training programme is endorsed by CACHE.
Daily Life of a Franchisee
You, and/or your teachers would teach baby and children’s classes in nurseries, children’s centres, primary schools, after-school clubs, parties, holiday clubs, private classes, festivals… the list is endless!
Admin is office/home-based. Acquiring new business comes from building new relationships through calls, direct marketing, networking nursery managers and childcare professionals, and direct taster sessions.
The characteristics of successful franchisees include: self-motivation; well organised; hard working and ambitious; the desire to create a better work/life balance.