- Membership: Full
- Sector: Building & Garden Maintenance
- Contact: Steve Welch
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 01162759005
- Location: ServiceMaster Ltd, ServiceMaster House, Tigers Road, Wigston, Leicestershire, LE18 3WD
TruGreen is a professional lawn care franchise and part of multi-brand franchisor, ServiceMaster, who has almost 60 years of franchising experience. TruGreen franchisees cater for residential customers and small commercial properties and, through comprehensive training, learn how to diagnose and treat a host of lawn ailments, offering a full range of services aimed at improving poor lawns and maintaining them in top condition. This franchise has the potential to be a multi-van operation.
TruGreen began treating lawns in Lansing, Michigan, USA in 1973 and joined the ServiceMaster Family of Brands in 1990. The concept of TruGreen was brought over to the UK in 2003, with the first training academy taking place in February 2004; followed by three more that year.
We offer a year-long business opportunity, which involves providing tailored lawn care treatments to customers in your local area. Treatments will vary from lawn to lawn but will include scarifying, aerating, weed and feed, moss/algae clearing from pathways, patios and driveways plus a wide variety of garden clearing and tidy-up activities. When you’re not providing lawn care treatments, you will be marketing your business, liaising with your customers and training and recruiting staff to provide your lawn care services.
There’s huge scope to expand your business with the potential to run a fleet of branded vehicles. By servicing just 4% of the homes in your territory, you could build up a lucrative lawn care business with a fleet of up to 10 branded vehicles. Most of your customers will opt for a year-round treatment programme comprising of between 4 and 6 treatments, but you’ll also benefit from one off treatments too!
Why Choose TruGreen?
In addition to the attraction of a growth market and proven business model, you will benefit from the following:
- No experience is necessary! Full training is provided (read more below)
- Flexibility – you can treat lawns at your leisure (daylight hours)
- Enjoy up to 70% profit margins and up to 75% recurring income
- Brand Management System – Built by franchisees for franchisees
- Proven money-making model
- Recognised brand (over 45 years old) and unique TruGreen territory
- Support from a team of qualified franchise professionals – Operations, Marketing, HR, IT…
- Established franchise network for advice & support
- Website, Marketing & PR launch
- Access to off the shelf products, equipment and branded uniform
- Franchise Support Centre – a team of over 50 individuals dedicated to supporting all of our franchised businesses and national customers
- Qualification (subject to a pass) for pesticide application from the National Proficiency Council (NPCT).
In addition to the above you will benefit from on-going support from your Network Brand Manager, Steve Welch, who has more than 30 years’ experience in the turf industry.
All new franchisees receive a new business starter pack which includes the equipment, tools, product, uniform and business stationery required to get you off to a flying start. We even include a van wrap, all you have to do is provide your working van and we’ll do the rest!
- Network Size: 26-50 units
- Franchise Type: Management
- Typical Start-up Cost: £28,000
- Minimum Personal Investment: £8,400 (30%)
- Franchise Location: Van-based
- Market: B2B and B2C
To understand exactly what is, and what is not, included in this financial information, click here (opens in a new window).
All new TruGreen franchisees are required to undertake a comprehensive, two-week training ‘academy’, providing extensive technical and business training, marketing advice and methods on acquiring and retaining customers. During this time, you will also qualify for the National Proficiency Council (NCPT) certification.
Ongoing training, support and tools are also easy to obtain over the phone, in person and via our online portal where you can access further information, advice & business tools such as business and marketing plan templates, ‘how to’ guides and the operations manual. You are never alone with a ServiceMaster franchise.
TruGreen franchisee support is led by Steve Welch who has over 30 years’ experience in the turf industry. Additional training and business advice is available whenever required.
Daily Life of a Franchisee
As a TruGreen franchisee, you will offer a full range of lawn care services aimed at improving poor lawns and maintaining them in top condition. Treatments include scarification, aeration, lawn weed/feed and hard surface weed control. Predominantly an outdoor role, you will also market your business through leafleting and other avenues. Arranging appointments, dealing with invoicing, accounts and banking are further required tasks which can be done from a home office, meaning a TruGreen franchise is perfectly flexible and cost effective.