bfa Seminars - The EXIT Strategy
A 1 day virtual session providing you with everything you need to know about planning, processing and continuing to build you business throughout exits.
Starting at 9.45 there will be comfort breaks throughout the day
10:00 Welcome and introductions – Helen Thompson - bfa
10:10 Franchise Agreement - Health Check on Your Resales Process - Jane Masih - Owen White
- The necessity of robust coverage in your Agreement
10:30 Planning for Exit when a Franchisee is not Renewing - Suzie McCafferty, Platinum Wave
- What’s needed – to do list and top tips
- Key considerations for a franchisor
11:10 - Coffee Break
11:20 Resales – The Lenders Perspective - Oliver Dalliway - Barclays Bank
- What does a bank want to see for a resale franchisee?
- Tips for ensuring your franchisee gets it right!
11:50 Valuing a business - Chris Roberts - Chantry Group
- Valuing a franchise
- Key tips and considerations
12:30 Franchisee/franchisors responsibilities during exit process - Ben Brookes - Agency Express
- Process and Documents
- Guiding your franchisees to selling their business
- Sourcing Leads on behalf of the franchisees, and the implications
- Vetting a prospective purchaser; ensuring they are the right fit for the specific business and your franchise.
- Franchisor’s First Refusal
- Ensuring a smooth transition
13:10 - Lunch Break
13:40 Resales to existing network to encourage multi-unit owning franchisees - Terry Mullen - Revive!
- Advertising the business/territory to your existing franchisees
- Encouraging expansion and growth from your current network
14:20 Exiting franchisees in breach – terminations forced sales - John Pratt, Hamilton Pratt
- Implication of Sales vs termination
- Death & incapacity – what to do
15:00 - Coffee Break
15:10 The Value of relationships post-exit - Ruth Brown - Home Instead
- How do you cultivate a good post-exit relationship?
- The benefits of staying connected with former franchisees
15:50 Q&A and Open discussion on all topics covered