Why attend this course?
This course will give participants an enhanced appreciation and better understanding of why it is imperative to motivate and inspire franchisees. One of the most important functions of franchisee management is to create willingness amongst the franchisees to perform to the best of their abilities.
Workshop Outline (10am-4pm – 1 day)
- Understand the value of franchisees setting both personal and business goals to guide and inspire their activities
- The ‘life cycle’ of a franchisee & the different motivational approaches that will be needed at each stage
- Theories of motivation and the franchisor’s role in using leadership skills to motivate franchisees
- Various recognition and reward strategies needed to help franchisees achieve their view of success
- Evaluate your own personal leadership style and consider how other styles may be more effective under certain circumstances
- The importance of identifying and sharing goals within the support staff structure and how they can support individual franchisees to achieve goal
- Key reasons for franchising
- Key reasons/motivations for starting a business
- Reasons why prospects choose franchising
- How a franchisee’s view of success will vary
- Leadership styles appropriate for circumstances
- Personality and life cycle of a franchisee & how motivational approaches will differ at each stage
- Identifying and sharing goals to allow support staff to help franchisees achieve them
- Importance of setting personal & business goals
- Role of leadership skills in motivating franchisees
- Recognition and reward strategies and motivational techniques that are required
- Activities contributing to franchisees running successful businesses, where improvements in performance benefit franchisee and franchisor
Who should attend?
- Franchisors – Drive better performance by appreciating the different personal and professional motivators of franchisees, the stages they’re likely to go through in business and the impact of your leadership style on them.
- Business Development Managers – Learn how your franchises think and respond, and understand the different methods, both theoretical and practical, that will help you better connect with them to maximise their business growth.
- Management teams – Gain comprehensive insight into motivating across a mix of personalities, managing the process and thinking differently about your network growth.
- Professional advisors – Understand your clients’ mind-set and the challenges they face daily to foster growth in their business.
- Detailed handouts
- Participation certificate
- Personal action plan
- 250 points towards the nationally recognised Qualified Franchise Professional (QFP