On the 24th of January Signs Express hosted their annual Convention at Mythe Barn in Leicestershire.
The event kicked off with Managing Director Jonathan Bean highlighting the achievements of the network throughout 2019 and introducing the theme of 2020, ‘Connect. Inspire. Ignite.’
Alongside 60 franchise owners, ten suppliers were exclusively invited to attend the event holding a range of demonstrations and presentations covering both new and existing products. For the third consecutive year Metamark were named as Supplier of the Year, voted for by the Signs Express network.
Presented in the evening were the annual Signs Express Sign Awards, recognising the innovative projects produced throughout the network over the year. The winners, which are voted for by the Signs Express centre owners and employees, were announced as follows:
- Best Interior Sign – Signs Express (Central Lancashire) – The Blackpool Express
- Best Exterior Sign – Signs Express (Warrington) – Palace Theatre
- Best Sign Project – Signs Express (Southampton) – Celebrity Edge
- Best Vehicle Graphics – Signs Express (Warrington) – Passenger Bus Wraps
- Most Striking Design – Signs Express (Central Lancashire) – The Blackpool Express
Also announced on the night was the winner of the Employee of the Year category, which was awarded to Matt Rutlidge, Centre Manager at Signs Express (Central Lancashire).
The coveted Franchise Awards were also presented on the night in two categories:
- Newcomer of the Year – Jamie Crosby, Signs Express (Coventry)
- Franchisee of the Year – Mark Kendall, Signs Express (Southampton)
This year Signs Express have chosen to support Make a Wish and are happy to announce a total of £1,000 was raised at the Convention through a gala dinner and casino.
Jonathan concluded the event by reiterating the values of Signs Express:
“2019 proved to be another great year for Signs Express, not only did we implement an extensive rebrand, but we continued to grow and support our network of franchises.
It is essential that we hold events like the Convention to recognise and reward our centres and to reflect on our achievements, but to also connect, inspire and ignite to ensure our momentum continues into 2020.”