Wondering whether there’s a future for you within a franchise like Mr Charger? The growth of a brand offers an overview of your future success. So, take a look at how we’ve grown, over this 2021.
When you’re looking for a franchise to become a part of, you want to know it has a sustainable future. Especially one which you perceive may be small, compared to some of the bigger brands. However, the growth of a brand is one which can help you identify how secure your future could be.
This is certainly true of Mr Charger, who are enjoying exponential growth, in all areas within their brand: both within the network and within the sphere of influence. 2021 has seen them becoming more and more established as a franchise, and the ideal option for those with an eye of the future.
At the beginning of the year, Mr Charger had two franchisees, plus their flagship franchise run by Franchisors, Martin Wells and Richard Mills. During 2021, they’ve enjoyed 600% network growth, with 12 new franchisees joining the brand! Each new franchisee says they were attracted to Mr Charger by the growth of the electric vehicle industry, and are keen to invest in a more sustainable future.
Head office growth
To support the growth of the network, Mr Charger increased their Head Office support team:
- In April, Chris Bentman was brought in to Mr Charger, to oversee the development of the brand across the UK and Ireland. This included Identifying new hardware and software partners, growing and supporting the existing franchise network and developing a robust onboarding process.
He says, “Since April it’s been an amazing journey. I joined a team of 4, which has grown to 40, with our franchise owners, administration support and engineering team; I expect this will double over the next 8-12 months. We’re quickly building a nationwide team of Mr Charger offices with local EV experts. Our software solutions, enable them to respond quickly to new enquiries, turning leads in to happy customers, within a few days.”
- Mr Charger are also investing in a new Franchise Recruitment Manager, who will be dedicated to the onboarding of new franchisees, supporting you through the process and ensuring you’re settled, quickly and confidently, in your new franchise.
He says, “I can’t wait to be involved. I have experience with evaluating and managing people, and being able to draw the best from them. I have also, in the past, project managed major system implementations. So, I’m really looking forward to carving out this new role for myself.”
Being able to manage your business, efficiently, is an important aspect of investing in a franchise. They’ll have the tools, resources and training already worked out, so you can thrive.
- Mr Charger – Powered by Fuuse is a charge point management platform, Mr Charger implemented in July. Franchisees, and their installers, benefit from being able to pro-actively monitor and resolve hardware faults. In turn, their customers can manage payments, track CO2 savings, set multi tariffs, set operating hours, and restrict access.
As Richard explains, “We needed a solution, for our growing brand, which offers our franchisees the flexible to cater for a whole range of customers and locations. From a single charging point at a work premises, to multiple units at locations like hotels, logistics companies, car dealerships, even communal/allocated parking, for example, we needed a robust, forward-thinking and customer-focussed software. With Fuuse, our installers offer customers a system which meets all EV charging and reporting requirements, on all the charge point manufacturers we work with.”
- Jumptech is a software firm Mr Charger forged a new partnership with, and its already making franchisees’ business admin easier to manage. By better management of the workflow, franchisees and their customers have been enjoying the peace of mind.
As Richard explains, “Since starting Mr Charger, we’d been looking for software to help our franchisees manage their businesses more succinctly. Martin and I could instantly see the benefits Jumptech offered, and it’s certainly proven to be our perfect solution! By simplifying the installation process, through an automated funnel, our franchisees are working more efficiently, with more time to do what they really enjoy – the installs. They no longer have to carve out part of their day for business admin. It’s a win-win!”
Franchise Industry growth
In a bid to increase their offering to franchisees, especially new ones, Mr Charger decided to show their commitment to ethical franchising, by joining the British Franchise Association (bfa). The bfa are the main governing body for the UK’s franchise industry, and ensure members operate ethical and proven franchise models. The support Mr Charger’s head office will receive, as part of their membership, will help to drive the brand forward.
National contract growth
Securing national contracts, is one of the ways in which Mr Charger know they can support franchisees when they start to build their customer base. It’s this which allows the Head Office to provide new franchisees with leads, from day one.
- DreamLease are car leasing specialists who were keen to connect with a reputable EV charge point installer, for the benefit of their own customers. By connecting with Mr Charger, franchisees within the network benefit from the recommendation for a charge point to be installed by them, by DreamLease to their customers.
Are you ready to grow with us?
As you can see, 2021 has been a good year for Mr Charger. With the recent announcement by the Government for charge points to be legally required on all new builds, from next year, things are only going to keep moving forward! This is the right time for you to start your own Mr Charger franchise, so why not join the revolution, and see how quickly you can grow.